Director of Business Development
VideoElephant is a dynamic and rapidly growing full-service video platform. We work closely with many of the leading publishers, digital media companies, and CTV platforms around the globe, including Gannett, The New York Post, Flipboard, Taboola, Plex, and TCL. We are also rapidly expanding our Digital Out Of Home (DOOH) client base which includes a variety of Retail Media companies with tens of thousands of place-based screens. VideoElephant’s platform allows these companies to expand their content offerings, build new distribution channels, drive advertising demand, and ultimately scale video engagement and revenue.
As the (Senior) Director of Business Development, you will acquire new customers who will deploy our premium content and advertising monetization. The primary focus will be on acquiring clients in Retail Media, including bars, restaurants, medical offices, pharmacies, groceries, and transit (among others), as well as directly with digital signage network operators. The secondary focus is on companies similar to our core client base, which includes video publishers in all other environments, such as Desktop and Mobile Web, Mobile App, OTT/CTV App, and FAST.
Candidates must be located in the New York City area. VideoElephant is a hybrid workplace with 3 days per week working from our Three World Trade Center offices and this role will require up to 50% travel.
- Ideally one or more of the following: 3 years experience in DOOH, 3 years experience in CTV, 5 years experience in digital publishing, 3 years experience with publisher supply side advertising and platforms (SSPs)
- Required: working familiarity with DOOH, CTV, and digital publishing
- Required: experience as individual contributor on sales/business development and track record of hitting targets
- Identify new partnerships amongst DOOH providers, online publishers, and other digital media companies with monetizable video inventory
- Conduct outreach via email, LinkedIn, phone, in person, and any other method to generate qualified leads and prospects
- Regularly attend industry events, conferences, and other networking opportunities, both in New York and other markets
- Articulate VideoElephant’s offering and how it is differentiated in the market to potential partners
- Negotiate deal terms with input from BD, Customer Success, and Monetization teams
- Handle initial review and revision of agreements
- Manage deal transition to post-sale teams to ensure new partnerships launch quickly
- Share feedback and learnings from market with other stakeholders at VideoElephant
- Identify and prioritize additional industry sectors where VideoElephant is best positioned to monetize inventory
- Excellent communicator
- Proven track record of creating lasting and healthy working relationships
- Able to navigate working with a team across geographies and time zones
- $100,000 - $150,000 per year bae salary
- 30% OTE
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.