Backend Software Engineer
We are seeking a strong software engineer candidate to contribute to our platform engineering team, based in Ireland. You will have opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and build highly scalable, resilient integrations between the SilverCloud platform, web services, internal systems and other third-party applications and services.
There is a focus on API development in this role, there is also a small element of front-end work involved so a basic understanding of front-end technologies is beneficial.
You have experience working with Python, RESTful APIs, MYSQL. Experience working one or more modern web frameworks (React, Vue, Django, etc. Is necessary. You'll spend your time developing new integrations using , testing and fixing bugs, and getting to know the behavioural healthcare space.
SilverCloud Health & Amwell will support you to:
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems across SilverCloud Health's engineering teams and partners.
- Participate in projects from start to finish, from helping scope projects to measuring their success and iterating based on customer feedback
- Optimisation of web services for maximum speed and scalability
- Ensure application observability in the form of metrics, logging and monitoring
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Work with colleagues in an agile environment, across design, product, and engineering to build features that scale across the globe
As a Backend Software Engineer, you have:
- A strong technical background, including a minimum of 4+ years of experience working with web services and apis. We work mostly with Python/Django, MySQL, RESTful web services.
- Experience with authentication mechanisms like OAuth, SAML
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different functions, stakeholders, and subject matter experts.
- First-hand knowledge of FHIR (Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources) specification is a bonus
We take pride in offering our employees a rich purpose driven experience and dynamic people-first ecosystem that truly values the wellbeing of all employees and their families through healthy work/life balance perks such as flexible working for all, health insurance, generous vacation, and wellness days to help support their overall health.
Please note, SilverCloud will collect and process any personal data which it receives in accordance with its privacy notice. We may also collect personal data about you from third parties or public sources as needed to engage with you concerning job opportunities at SilverCloud. For example, before and during the course of your employment with us, we may collect information from public social media resources, such as your public LinkedIn profile, for recruitment purposes. We also may conduct lawful background screenings, to the extent permitted by law, through a third-party vendor for information about your past education, employment, credit and/or criminal history.