Office Administrator (Full-time)
About the Company
Through the work that we do, the team at Deciphex helps pharma to accelerate the process of essential drug development and helps cancer patients get timely and accurate diagnosis.
Founded in Dublin in 2017, Deciphex has scaled rapidly to a team of over 90 people and counting who are providing software solutions to address the pathology gap in research pathology and clinical areas. We have offices in Dublin, Exeter and Chicago and are expanding our team throughout the world.
We are software developers, clinical specialists, artificial intelligence engineers, operations professionals and so much more, all working as one team to support our customers and patients.
We are looking for highly motivated & individuals who are excited to take on challenges and value making a difference in their day-to-day work to join our team!
We are now hiring for an Office Administrator to join our team based out of Exeter, UK.
About this Role (Responsibilities):
- Receive, accession, scan and digitise all stained slides and upload to the hub in preparation for pathologist review and reporting
- QA all samples, transcription of data.
- Register and maintain referring clinician and patient information related to a given referred case and institute
- Return all physical materials (Blocks, slides, paper reports) to the referring laboratory upon issue of the individual case final report.
- Ensure compliance with GDPR/CQC regulations, and maintain patient records in accordance with all data protection protocols
- QC and review scan slides before upload to the Diagnexia hub ensuring documentation and formatting is correct.
- Maintenance of the scanning document library.
- Respond to incoming calls, voicemails, and email tickets requesting assistance with the technology platform
- Basic troubleshooting of customer support problems
- Track and document technical problems
- Escalate technical issues to other team members when appropriate
- Assist with out of office hours support when required
- Assist with Research Pathology technical support as required
- Comply with applicable health and safety requirements
About You (Skills and Experience):
- A-level in a science subject required.
- Scientific diploma, or relevant certification a distinct advantage.
- Experience in transcription of documents, microsoft word, excel.
- Basic IT troubleshooting experience is an advantage
- Experience with digital pathology is an advantage
- Experience working with an electronic documentation system is highly desirable.
- Organised and diligent with activities
- Motivated and independent worker
- Good customer service skills and ability to work with various groups (internal and external customer base).
- Experience with GLP regulations or software will be ‘a distinct advantage.’
- Good time keeping skills and ability to meet timelines
- Proactive with improving document control and training process.
- Willing to learn and be proactive in developing skills & experience
- You will have shown leadership skills in previous positions and are keen to develop these skills further.
- You bring a sense of urgency to the work that you do and are able to execute on tasks by using your initiative.
- You enjoy innovating and bringing new ideas to the table.
- You like to have autonomy in your role and the independence to manage your own time and workload.
- You are highly collaborative and enjoy working with lots of different teams and people.
- You have great written and oral English language skills.
- This position is Office Based; Exeter UK. Travel may be required on an ad hoc basis to client sites, for client onboarding and system demonstrations.
- Working Hours: Shiftwork. You will be required to work evenings and weekends, depending on the shift schedule and company needs. Variable schedules are available.
- You may be requested to work overtime for special program events.
What are the benefits of working with Deciphex?
- A true sense of meaning in your work by contributing to better patient outcomes.
- The opportunity to work alongside a world-class high performing team in a hyper-growth startup environment with.
- A chance to work on exciting and challenging unique projects.
- Regular performance feedback and significant career growth opportunities.
- A flexible working model.
- Employees have the potential to work abroad for up to 1 month maximum per year with Line Manager and HR approval (T&Cs apply)
- Competitive salary with performance based annual increments.
- Competitive annual leave.
- A highly collaborative and supportive multi cultural team.
Deciphex is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to the principle of equality. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, religious beliefs, political views, gender identity, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, family or marital status (including pregnancy), disability, membership of the travelling community or any other classification protected by applicable law.