Manual Software Tester
About the Company
Through the work that we do, the team at Deciphex helps pharma to accelerate the process of essential drug development and helps cancer patients get timely and accurate diagnosis.
Founded in Dublin in 2017, Deciphex has scaled rapidly to a team of over 100 people and counting who are providing software solutions to address the pathology gap in research pathology and clinical areas. We have offices in Dublin, Exeter and Chicago and are expanding our team throughout the world.
We are software developers, clinical specialists, artificial intelligence engineers, operations professionals and so much more, all working as one team to support our customers and patients.
About this Role (Responsibilities):
- Manual testing of desktop and web applications
- Work with a distributed Agile development team to create high quality epics and stories that lead to testable features
- Analyze functional and non-functional use cases to define test activities
- Design test cases, test scripts and test data that will validate each use case
- Define clean focussed test scenarios, cases and steps that are of consistent high quality
- Use impact assessments to make effective use of time and resources
- Plan and design test strategies
- Ensure quality defect logging, analysis and investigation by supporting triage and defect management procedures
- Drive quality improvements through process, communication and collaboration
- Produce high quality work within a defined SDLC and QMS
- Interact with product & project management and R&D teams to develop a strong understanding of the project and testing objectives
- Complete all mandatory company training and job specific training required for the role, including ISMS, GLP, DocuSign, SDLC as applicable
About You (Skills and Experience):
- A Bachelor's or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field is essential
- ISTQB certification
- 3+ years work experience in a similar development and/or testing role is essential
- Experience working with Windows & Linux OS
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills to coordinate efficiently with client, product, offshore/onshore teams and bridge communication gaps
- Proficient with Python programming language, other languages a plus
- Experience in defining and executing manual test scripts
- Experience in managing or creating test data
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Able to work with different teams, prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Must be flexible, independent, adaptable and self-motivated
- You will have shown leadership skills in previous positions and are keen to develop these skills further.
- You bring a sense of urgency to the work that you do and are able to execute on tasks by using your initiative.
- You enjoy innovating and bringing new ideas to the table.
- You like to have autonomy in your role and the independence to manage your own time and workload.
- You are highly collaborative and enjoy working with lots of different teams and people.
- You have great written and oral English language skills.
- Experience working with test automation frameworks (Web, Windows GUI, RESTful APIs)
- Experience working in a regulated industry with models such as VModel, Waterfall
- Experience with GLP regulations or software will be a distinct advantage.
What are the benefits of working with Deciphex?
- A true sense of meaning in your work by contributing to better patient outcomes.
- The opportunity to work alongside a world-class high performing team in a hyper-growth startup environment with.
- A chance to work on exciting and challenging unique projects.
- Regular performance feedback and significant career growth opportunities.
- A flexible/ hybrid working model - most of our team work remotely and attend the office from time to time as required giving employees the autonomy to manage their own work life balance.
- Competitive salary with performance based annual increments.
- Competitive annual leave with an additional paid Christmas holiday.
- A highly collaborative and supportive multi cultural team.
Deciphex is an equal opportunities employer, and we are committed to the principle of equality. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, religious beliefs, political views, gender identity, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, family, or marital status (including pregnancy), disability, membership of the Travelling community or any other classification protected by applicable law.