UK Lab Manager
About the Company
Through the work that we do, the team at Deciphex helps pharma to accelerate the process of essential drug development and helps cancer patients get timely and accurate diagnosis.
Founded in Dublin in 2017, Deciphex has scaled rapidly to a team of over 100 people and counting who are providing software solutions to address the pathology gap in research pathology and clinical areas. We have offices in Dublin, Exeter and Chicago and are expanding our team throughout the world.
We are software developers, clinical specialists, artificial intelligence engineers, operations professionals and so much more, all working as one team to support our customers and patients.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Lab Manager to join our team in the UK. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the molecular lab industry and experience in leading a team to achieve strategic goals. As the UK Lab Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of our laboratory and ensuring that our team of scientists and technicians have the resources and support they need to deliver high-quality results.
About this Role (Responsibilities):
- Develop and implement strategies to improve the efficiency and quality of our laboratory operations.
- Oversee the development of SOPs, protocols, and quality control processes to ensure consistency and accuracy of results.
- Manage the budget and resources of the laboratory to meet business goals and objectives.
- Lead and motivate a team of scientists and technicians to achieve their full potential.
- Foster a culture of innovation and continuous improvement within the laboratory.
- Represent the laboratory at internal and external meetings and conferences.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including clients, suppliers, and regulatory bodies.
- Ensure that the laboratory complies with all relevant regulations and standards.
About You (Skills and Experience):
- Master's degree in a relevant field, such as Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or Genetics.
- Valid HCPC registration (mandatory)
- At least 5 years of experience in a leadership role within a Histopathology and molecular laboratory.
- Strong understanding of the molecular lab industry, including current trends and best practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to think critically and make data-driven decisions.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills, with the ability to lead and inspire a team of professionals.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategies to improve laboratory operations.
- You will have shown leadership skills in previous positions and are keen to develop these skills further.
- You bring a sense of urgency to the work that you do and are able to execute on tasks by using your initiative.
- You enjoy innovating and bringing new ideas to the table.
- You like to have autonomy in your role and the independence to manage your own time and workload.
- You are highly collaborative and enjoy working with lots of different teams and people.
What are the benefits of working with Deciphex?
- A true sense of meaning in your work by contributing to better patient outcomes.
- The opportunity to work alongside a world-class high performing team in a hyper-growth startup environment with.
- A chance to work on exciting and challenging unique projects.
- Regular performance feedback and significant career growth opportunities.
- Competitive salary with performance based annual increments.
- Competitive annual leave with an additional paid Christmas holiday.
- A highly collaborative and supportive multi cultural team.
Deciphex is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to the principle of equality. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, religious beliefs, political views, gender identity, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, family or marital status (including pregnancy), disability, membership of the travelling community or any other classification protected by applicable law.