Director of People & Culture
Founded in 2009, Cubic Telecom has grown to become one of the leading providers of connectivity solutions and analytics services that help vehicle and IoT device manufacturers manage and grow revenue streams. Fast paced, smart, ambitious, and continually seeking new, ideas. That’s us, is it you? At Cubic you will find an environment filled with energy and collaboration, where we set out every day to improve not just the world, but ourselves and each other.
We believe in leadership that supports empowerment and responsibility, while recognising and developing leadership qualities across Our Team. Together we bring out the best in each other. So, whether you’re interested in joining us as an individual contributor, manager, senior leader – or someone who aspires to growing into a leadership role – we look for people who are results focused, empathetic, visionary, empowering, and who ‘champion’ our cultures and values.
As our Director of People & Culture, you will report into and work closely with our Chief People Officer, our broader People Team and have high visibility, influence, and interaction with our global Leadership Teams.
If you enjoy a broad role spanning areas like culture, leadership, performance, HR operations and talent, you will thrive in our fast paced and dynamic team, as we continue to build a leading People Platform for our talent and fast-growing business.
To be successful in your role, you will have access to and influence on large parts of Cubic Telecom and play a pivotal role in our Leadership Team, which runs the business and helps shape our strategy.
This role has people management responsibility and will have the freedom to work collaboratively across the entire People Team to deliver the role.
This role would suit a passionate culture champion and team player with a strong creative and results oriented focus. You must be comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic organisation as we continue to build our people platform.
The responsibilities of the role are:
- Partner with the business to drive the People and Culture strategy. This will involve communicating, collaborating, influencing, and coaching across multiple levels to ensure the strategy is aligned, teams are fully informed and engaged and that the strategy reinforces our culture, values, and behaviours.
- Collaborate in the design and implementation of a broad range of new and innovative HR solutions to support business growth challenges.
- Together with the CPO, progress our plans for the culture development of Cubic Telecom and partner with the Leadership Team and the Senior HRBP, to create alignment across our teams. Design and implement a plan to support our aspirations to enhance our strong culture.
- Provide coaching support around the areas of personal effectiveness, growth, employee relations issues, and general business challenges.
- Manage and enhance our listening strategy, the “Cubic Voice” through the use of pulse surveys, employee lifecycle surveys, feedback sessions as well as listening circles.
- Analyse employee feedback to identify trends and areas of improvement, and then communicate across teams to mobilise support for the implementation of recommended changes.
- Play an instrumental role in managing, mentoring, and developing our People and Workplace Experience team.
- Act as a catalyst for change at Cubic Telecom; help to flag and guide organisational design, development and change management solutions.
- Provide strategic direction to ensure the effective execution of our employee experience strategy with a specific focus on onboarding, performance, recognition, offboarding and wellbeing.
- Maintain the smooth running and development of our People Operations platform to ensure we grow with the business and leverage our existing investments.
- Support our high-performance culture through laser focus on performance, how we measure performance, and our behaviours.
- Be a key contributor to our fledgling Culture Community Group and support the development and execution of innovative and inclusive culture programs.
- Be a passionate voice, and champion for our diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging strategy.