Database DevOps Engineer
Founded in 2009, Cubic Telecom has grown to become one of the leading providers of connectivity solutions and analytics services that help vehicle and IoT device manufacturers manage and grow revenue streams. Fast paced, smart, ambitious, and continually seeking new, ideas. That’s us, is it you? At Cubic you will find an environment filled with energy and collaboration, where we set out every day to improve not just the world, but ourselves and each other.
We believe in leadership that supports empowerment and responsibility, while recognising and developing leadership qualities across Our Team. Together we bring out the best in each other. So, whether you’re interested in joining us as an individual contributor, manager, senior leader – or someone who aspires to growing into a leadership role – we look for people who are results focused, empathetic, visionary, empowering, and who ‘champion’ our cultures and values.
We are seeking a highly skilled Database Administrator with a strong Cloud and DevOps background in Azure. As a Database DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the database infrastructure of our applications. You will work closely with development and operations teams to ensure smooth and efficient database operations, as well as contribute to the continuous improvement of our database systems.
- Design, build, and maintain the database infrastructure of our applications.
- Develop and implement database standards, guidelines, and best practices.
- Identify and optimize database performance issues.
- Implement backup and disaster recovery solutions for database systems.
- Automate database management and deployment processes.
- Collaborate with development and operations teams to troubleshoot and resolve database-related issues.
- Implement and maintain database security measures and access controls.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging database technologies.
- Experience as a DBA, Database Engineer, or similar role is required.
- Broad and deep knowledge of at least 1 relational database technology (preferably MSSQL)
- A cloud certification (such as AWS / Azure cloud certification) is highly desirable.
- Experience with related cloud technologies: Docker, Terraform, Jenkins, GIT etc.
- Exposure and deep understanding of non-relational database technologies such as CosmosDB
- Excellent problem-solving skills and Experienced with Production Incident Management / Root Cause analysis.
- Experience with important distributed systems service, including supporting Database Production Infrastructure with 24x7x365 support responsibilities.
- Proficiency in coding in Powershell, Python and SQL
- Have outstanding verbal and written communication skills and excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to detail, proactive self-starter.
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rated) + 2 company days
- Health Insurance
- Pension Contribution
- Death in Service Benefit
- Tax saver scheme
- Learning and Development Supports
- Career Development Opportunities
- Bits & Bobs days (paid half day every quarter to get your Bits & Bobs completed)
- Bike to work scheme
- Sports and Social Club
- Regular social events
Cubic Telecom is an equal opportunities employer and committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.