Strategy & Research Analyst
Founded in 2009, Cubic Telecom has grown to become one of the leading providers of connectivity solutions and analytics services that help vehicle and IoT device manufacturers manage and grow revenue streams. Fast paced, smart, and continually seeking new, ideas. That’s us, is it you? At Cubic you will find an environment filled with energy and collaboration, where we set out every day to improve not just the world, but ourselves and each other.
We believe in leadership that supports empowerment and responsibility, while recognising and developing these qualities across Our Team. Together we bring out the best in each other. We look for people who are results focused, empathetic, visionary, empowering, and 'champion' our cultures and values.
The role involves the provision of research across multiple business teams to support investment in key business initiatives and drive commercial GTM success across a varied portfolio of new product services, platform services, new industries & wide growth opportunities.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Provide strategic and financial research on company initiatives, as required, to assist in the decision-making processes.
- Conduct feasibility studies to support development of strategy plans, including corporate strategy, pricing strategy, commercialisation strategy & wider partner strategies.
- Work with and guide the senior leaders on the development of corporate strategies.
- Assist in developing new products and their pricing model and improve existing ones.
- Drive broadening and diversification of the Cubic commercial product portfolio beyond connectivity.
- Assist with financial evaluations to assess pricing strategy effectiveness and assess financial impact of changes in pricing strategy based on overall pricing history and profitability.
- Conduct original research, both qualitative and quantitative in nature, using a wide variety of research resources and methods.
- Examine market and industry trends, analyse the growth and development plans of key market players and track relevant policy and legislative developments.
- Perform market and economic research including the evaluation, collection and collation of primary and secondary data for the purposes of informing market monitoring activities as well as specific research projects.
- Conduct research on emerging market trends to seek commercial and product development opportunities, identifying new growth areas from a geographical, sector and product perspective.
- Manage, execute and periodically update competitor benchmarking of key products to ensure pricing and related value propositions are in line with market trends and update pricing periodically to respond effectively and timely to market fluctuations.
- Tracking key developments across the range of markets in which Cubic operates, key developments in adjacent markets where outcomes have may have impact on the evolution of Cubic, and other key strategic data relevant to achievement of Cubic’s goals.
- Work with the marketing and product teams to develop Cubic’s industry positioning and lead communications with industry analysts and research houses to position Cubic
- Follow through on identified opportunities and work with the relevant business owner to drive them through to realisation.
- 3+ years in a strategic consultancy, professional research role & organisation.
- Post-graduate third level qualification in a quantitative or human sciences subject, e.g., economics, business, finance, or other suitable qualification.
- Post-graduate work experience, including experience in a multidisciplinary environment, ideally in the automotive sector.
- Experience of market research, research design, developing survey questions, and interpretation of survey results with a global consultancy practice.
- Ability to draft documentation in a rational, evidence-based, clear and concise manner.
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical abilities, including the ability to make reasoned judgements based on available information.
- Problem-solving skills, with a solid practical background in the application of information.
- Experience working with data, BI platforms and data management best practices.
- Strong communicator with confidence to present to and interact with senior management in a clear and professional manner.
- A critical thinker with the ability to think outside the box, see the bigger picture through consideration of future implications and scenarios and use these when making recommendations.
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rated) + 2 company days
- Health Insurance
- Pension Contribution
- Death in Service Benefit
- Tax saver scheme
- Learning and Development Supports
- Career Development Opportunities
- Bits & Bobs days (paid half day every quarter to get your Bits & Bobs completed)
- Bike to work scheme
- Sports and Social Club
- Regular social events
Cubic Telecom is an equal opportunities employer and committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.