Regional Lead & Application Support Team Lead
Founded in 2009, Cubic Telecom has grown to become one of the leading providers of connectivity solutions and analytics services that help vehicle and IoT device manufacturers manage and grow revenue streams. Fast paced, smart, ambitious, and continually seeking new, ideas. That’s us, is it you? At Cubic you will find an environment filled with energy and collaboration, where we set out every day to improve not just the world, but ourselves and each other.
We believe in leadership that supports empowerment and responsibility, while recognising and developing leadership qualities across Our Team. Together we bring out the best in each other. So, whether you’re interested in joining us as an individual contributor, manager, senior leader – or someone who aspires to growing into a leadership role – we look for people who are results focused, empathetic, visionary, empowering, and who ‘champion’ our cultures and values.
As the Cubic Regional Lead, you will be the senior leader for Cubic in Manila, responsible for developing and maintaining the Cubic culture locally, fostering effective team performance within each team, encouraging and developing cross team collaboration and a one Cubic mindset locally. In addition, the successful candidate will have direct line management of the Manila Application support team while other locally represented teams (Network Operations, Test) will have direct line reporting to their respective Leads in Dublin with “dotted line” reporting to the Regional Lead. In this role the successful applicant will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation and performance of each team. The Lead will also work closely with all local Agencies in region to ensure a fully functioning support model locally. Additionally, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues, while continuously seeking opportunities to improve and optimize processes.
This role requires a passionate technical leader who can manage teams effectively, foster a team spirit and company culture, encourage a growth mindset, and get the best out of each team player. The ideal candidate is a natural leader who can inspire their team to consistently deliver exceptional results. This Leader can communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders in a timely manner.
This role reports directly to the WW Service Delivery Management & Applications Support Director.
- Day to Day leadership to all Manila resources at Cubic.
- Lead and manage the Application Support Team, providing guidance and support.
- Provide local day to day support to other Cubic teams who report directly to Dublin with dotted line reporting to the Manila Regional Lead.
- Foster and encourage cross-functional collaboration across all local teams to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues, ensuring timely resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Align the ways of working to the Cubic Culture that exists in other regions.
- Work closely with Regional Agencies and vendors as the Cubic Lead to ensure all company setup is working optimally (Cubic Office / Shared services, People support, Local team activities & events).
- Develop and implement best practices in application support processes to optimize efficiency and effectiveness and deliver to customer’s contractual SLA’s.
- Monitor and analyse Application Support team and Application Support Engineer (ASE) performance metrics, identifying trends and patterns to pre-emptively address potential issues.
- Support remote Cubic managers with teams in region to optimise the performance and happiness of their teams.
- Facilitate training sessions and create documentation to ensure team members are equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to support their roles.
- Prioritize and escalate critical issues to senior management, providing detailed performance reports and recommendations for improvement to drive operational excellence.
- Continuously seek opportunities to grow the Cubic culture and develop cross regional collaboration and integration at Cubic.
- +10 years leading multi-functional regional teams locally in Asia (ideally Manila) on behalf of a fast-growing hi-tech international company.
- +7 years proven experience in application support, with a track record of leading and managing teams.
- Strong technical background and hands-on experience with troubleshooting and resolving application-related issues.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong focus on culture growth with demonstrated success in developing and leading high performing, highly motivated cross functional teams.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong leadership and mentoring abilities, with the passion to inspire and motivate team members.
- Experience with implementing and optimizing application support processes and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or related field.