Sales Engineer - US
Founded in 2009, Cubic Telecom has grown to become one of the leading providers of connectivity solutions and analytics services that help vehicle and IoT device manufacturers manage and grow revenue streams. Fast paced, smart, ambitious, and continually seeking new, ideas. That’s us, is it you? At Cubic you will find an environment filled with energy and collaboration, where we set out every day to improve not just the world, but ourselves and each other.
We believe in leadership that supports empowerment and responsibility, while recognising and developing leadership qualities across Our Team. Together we bring out the best in each other. So, whether you’re interested in joining us as an individual contributor, manager, senior leader – or someone who aspires to growing into a leadership role – we look for people who are results focused, empathetic, visionary, empowering, and who ‘champion’ our cultures and values.
Cubic Telecom is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Sales Engineer to join our dynamic team. This exciting role offers the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology and collaborate with top-tier Automotive OEM customers and prospective customers.
As a Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for driving the technical aspects of our sales engagement, ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction, and contributing to the overall growth of our business in the region.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships, including existing and prospective customers, our partners, and with other key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the sales team and any of our potential channel partners to identify new business opportunities and develop strategies to win deals. Act as the bridge between the sales team and the core business (product, technology, operations, wholesale) within Cubic Telecom, helping to understand customer requirements, demonstrate product capabilities, and address solution concerns.
- Own the management and co-ordination of RFQ/RFI responses and proactive sales engagement outside of RFQ/RFI cycles Also ensure consolidated capitalisation and maintenance of a high quality, up-to-date RfI/Q/P response and solution positioning repository to include solution sheets & supporting documentation.
- Provide technical expertise and support during the sales process, including product demonstrations, proof of concept, and solution design. You will work with the sales team and channel partners to gather and analyse customer requirements and engage actively in discovery conversations with potential customers to understand their pain points, business challenges, and technical needs. You must confidently address technical questions, concerns, and objections, and offer solutions to overcome any challenges the customer may face.
- Work closely with the product management, engineering, wholesale and network teams to ensure our solutions meet the unique needs of the market.
- Feed into the solution architects to design technical solutions that address our customer and prospects needs effectively.
- Deliver product demonstrations, presentations, and proofs-of-concept to showcase the value and capabilities of Cubic Telecom’s offerings, ensuring that all demos of existing and new offerings along with supporting sales material is up to date.
- You will provide valuable feedback and insight from customer interactions to help shape product roadmaps, identify areas for improvement, and contribute to the development of new features or enhancements. You will be an active influencer and advocate for directional investment and keeping the Cubic offering at the cutting edge of the market.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, competitive landscape, and emerging technologies to ensure Cubic Telecom remains at the forefront of innovation and be a key source of this input & influence into the Product Development and wider community.
- Participate in industry events, conferences, and trade shows to represent Cubic Telecom and promote our solutions. Actively produce whitepapers and market positioning content that is published as part of the Cubic thought leadership community.
- A minimum of seven years of experience in a sales engineering role in the Telecommunications, Automotive or IoT industry.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Deep understanding of the Automotive market with a specific focus on the role of connectivity.
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or a related field is desirable but not necessary.