Senior Account Director
Cubic Telecom has developed a strong portfolio of Automotive Industry software solutions which have been deployed successfully in several markets globally. Cubic provides unique software products and an end-to end connectivity management platform which have enabled our Automotive customers to deploy important mobility applications in millions of cars globally. We wish to appoint an experienced Key Account Manager based in our US office who has proven skills in the management of large Automotive industry accounts. This opportunity is presented to you because you are a Sales & Customer Success professional with extensive experience in building trusted relationships and growing business within large enterprise clients, particularly within the Automotive sector.
We believe in leadership that supports empowerment and responsibility, while recognising and developing leadership qualities across Our Team. Together we bring out the best in each other. So, whether you’re interested in joining us as an individual contributor, manager, senior leader – or someone who aspires to growing into a leadership role – we look for people who are results focused, empathetic, visionary, empowering, and who ‘champion’ our cultures and values.
Your role on behalf of Cubic Telecom is to develop existing and new business relationships with key stakeholders and decision-makers within Cubic’s Automotive customers which are headquartered in the US and with their related partners. The key deliverables within the role is to foster and grow existing relationships in support of the agreed business goals for the account while searching out and growing new relationships, to support incremental business opportunities for grow. Leverage sales, relationship management and industry experience to open new opportunities and work with the wider Cubic team to close new solution projects. Identify and negotiate innovative solutions based around Cubic’s software platform and mobility products.
Utilising Sales skills and capabilities to create deep and trusted customer relationships will be an important contribution to Cubic’s growth strategy. The overall aim is to maximize value for our customers and for Cubic through excellence in solution selling and supporting our customers as long term strategic partners.
- Provide first class support and guidance across the customer organisation, including: coordination of regular information and presentations on our software solutions existing and road mapped.
- Be a trusted advisor and source of knowledge; being accountable for Cubic’s response to important business or technical escalations; providing important feedback and guidance to Cubic Technology and Product teams; ensuring efficient customer stakeholder engagement and support across Cubic organisations; coordination with dedicated and virtual account teams, and managing the delivery against customer account plans.
- Work with and beyond the core Technical and Procurement groups to ensure insight into business problems and priorities to maximize the support and value delivered to the customer accounts by Cubic as a whole.
- Manage the entire solution sales cycle, including: providing customers with valuable insights and offerings as part of an on-going consultative relationship; early identification of solution opportunities; selling trial projects or POCs; working with customer stakeholders on the development of clear requirement specifications; leading sales proposals and RFQ responses; negotiating major contracts; representing Cubic in important planning and steering groups; and ensuring full involvement and alignment of Cubic’s product and software engineering teams.
- Partner efficiently with the local Cubic US based team and Cubic headquarter teams who are responsible for solution specification, product development, pricing models, business case analysis, budgeting, and revenue to deliver business targets and convert high quality business opportunities into valuable Cubic solutions for the customer.
- Deliver revenue growth by maintaining meaningful customer relationships and expanding product adoption within the customer organisation.
- Stay current on the latest Automotive, IoT and Software industry trends.
- 8+ years of experience in Account Management and Sales of global software solutions. Direct experience working with clients within the Automotive industry to identify business solutions will be a significant advantage.
- Good understanding of the latest key enabling technologies impacting Automotive industry change – e.g. Advanced Driver Assist Systems (ADAS), Telematics, Navigation Software, Connectivity Management Platforms and Mobility applications.
- Extensive experience establishing relationships with decision-makers and influencers.
- A likeable and caring personality and great team player.
- Exceptional presentation skills and/or public speaking experience.
- Ability to confidently represent Cubic’s solution and establish credibility as a subject matter expert in Automotive IoT solutions.
- Self-disciplined with the ability to work independently and a drive and ambition to win.
- Ability to travel as required by business objectives (assumes return to normalised business travel permissions and safety).
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Fast learner with passion for innovation, business development and success.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented, with a results-driven approach.
- Open minded team player.