Regional Pre-Sales Engineering Manager
Founded in 2009, Cubic Telecom has grown to become one of the leading providers of connectivity solutions and analytics services that help vehicle and IoT device manufacturers manage and grow revenue streams. Fast paced, smart, ambitious, and continually seeking new, ideas. That’s us, is it you? At Cubic you will find an environment filled with energy and collaboration, where we set out every day to improve not just the world, but ourselves and each other.
We believe in leadership that supports empowerment and responsibility, while recognising and developing leadership qualities across Our Team. Together we bring out the best in each other. So, whether you are interested in joining us as an individual contributor, manager, senior leader – or someone who aspires to growing into a leadership role – we look for people who are results focused, empathetic, visionary, empowering, and who ‘champion’ our cultures and values.
Cubic Telecom is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Pre-Sales Engineering Manager to join our dynamic team. This exciting role offers the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology and collaborate with top-tier Automotive OEM customers and prospective customers.
As a Pre-Sales Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for driving the technical aspects of our sales engagement, ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction, and contributing to the overall growth of our business in the APAC region.
This is a remote role based in Japan and it is expected that the successful candidate will spend time in our Dublin, Ireland Head Office as part of their onboarding period.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships in the Asia region, with existing and prospective customers, our partners, and key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the sales team to identify new business opportunities and develop strategies to win deals. You act as the bridge between the sales team and technical teams within Cubic Telecom, helping to understand customer requirements, demonstrate product capabilities, and address technical concerns. Today they own the management and co-ordination of RFQ/RFI responses and proactive sales engagement outside of RFQ/RFI cycles.
- Provide technical expertise and support during the sales process, including product demonstrations, proof of concept, and solution design. You will work together with the sales team to gather and evaluate customer requirements and engage actively in discovery conversations with potential customers to understand their pain points, business challenges, and technical needs. You must confidently address technical questions, concerns, and objections, and offer solutions to overcome any challenges the customer may face.
- Work closely with the product management, engineering, wholesale, and network teams to ensure our solutions meet the unique needs of the Asia market.
- Feed into Cubic solution architects to design technical solutions that address the needs of our customers and prospects effectively.
- Deliver product demonstrations, presentations, and proofs-of-conceptto showcase the value and capabilities of Cubic Telecom’s offerings.
- You will provide valuable feedback and insight from customer interactions to help shape product roadmaps, identify areas for improvement, and contribute to the development of new features and enhancements.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, competitive landscape, and emerging technologies to ensure Cubic Telecom remains at the forefront of innovation.
- Participate in industry events, conferences, and trade shows to represent Cubic Telecom and promote our solutions.
Essential Experience and Qualifications
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in a pre-sales engineering role in the Telecommunications, Automotive or IoT industry.
- Fluent in Japanese and English, both written and spoken.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Deep understanding of the Asia Automotive market with a specific focus on the role of connectivity.
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed, with most of the travel required within the Asia Region.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or a related field is desirable but not necessary.
Cubic Telecom is an equal opportunities employer and committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.