Country Lead & Sales Director
Founded in 2009, Cubic Telecom has grown to become one of the leading providers of connectivity solutions and analytics services that help vehicle and IoT device manufacturers manage and grow revenue streams. Fast paced, smart, ambitious, and continually seeking new, ideas. That’s us, is it you? At Cubic you will find an environment filled with energy and collaboration, where we set out every day to improve not just the world, but ourselves and each other.
We believe in leadership that supports empowerment and responsibility, while recognising and developing leadership qualities across Our Team. Together we bring out the best in each other. So, whether you are interested in joining us as an individual contributor, manager, senior leader – or someone who aspires to growing into a leadership role – we look for people who are results focused, empathetic, visionary, empowering, and who ‘champion’ our cultures and values.
Your role is to spearhead Cubic’s regional new business development and business relationship management with key leaders within existing and prospective Auto manufacturers in Asia. The initial priority for the role is partnering with Japanese Auto manufacturers. As part of our ongoing regional investment, you will have responsibility for co-ordinating sales across the wider Asia region, charged with identification and negotiation of innovative Cubic solutions, which will help our Automotive clients make and sell more exciting, intelligent, and sustainable products. By harnessing our software assets, IoT technologies, global connectivity solution and our experience, you will help our Automotive clients to advance the car as the cornerstone of contemporary, and affordable mobility. Your skills and capability to create deep and trusted customer relationships will be an important contribution to Cubic’s growth strategy. In addition, you will have responsibility for sourcing partnership opportunities in the region as well as maintaining existing relationships with current partners. In this regard you will be adept in creating new and innovative ways to deepen the partnerships. This position is one of our most important roles and will demand a creative, commercially focused person who enjoys the feeling of winning.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Establish trusted relationships and positive working partnerships with senior stakeholders within Cubic’s main Automotive OEM clients and prospective clients.
- Provide valuable insights and offerings as part of an on-going consultative relationship; understand the value required by our clients; identify solution opportunities early; plan trial projects or POCs; prepare clear proposals; negotiate major contracts; with a view to winning new customers in the APAC region and maximising the share of wallet from existing customers.
- Build trusted relationships across a broad spectrum of client leadership across Asia.
- Active management of an up to date multi-year sales pipeline to include planned milestones inside and outside RFI/RFQ cycles.
- Deliver business goals through deep understanding of our clients’ needs, business challenges and business plans and by identifying and closing high quality opportunities for Cubic solutions with these clients.
- Provide important insights to inform and shape product planning within Cubic.
- Deliver revenue budgets and achieve revenue growth targets.
- Expand product adoption within our client organisations.
- Stay current on the latest Automotive, IoT and Software industry trends.
- Collaborate with and manage key technology and solution partners to realise complete end to end solutions for our automotive clients.
Essential Experience and Qualifications
- At least 8 years of solution selling and sales management experience in the automotive and IoT industries.
- Extensive experience and established relationships with senior level executives and influencers in the Asian market with an initial focus on Japanese Automotive OEMs.
- Direct experience leading sales and account management teams supporting Automotive manufacturers.
- Good understanding of the latest key enabling technologies impacting Automotive industry change – Advanced Driver Assist Systems (ADAS), Telematics, Navigation Software, Onboard Network Processors, Sensor Systems, Vision Systems, Wireless Communications and Big Data.
- Exceptional presentation skills and/or public speaking experience.
- Strategic, consultative, and analytical engagement approach, with focus on building sustainable partnerships with clients.
- Fast learner with passion for team and customer success.
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach.
- Open minded senior leader with a team-player mindset.
Cubic Telecom is an equal opportunities employer and committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.