An Irish Company and Founded in 2009, Cubic Telecom has grown to become one of the leading providers of connectivity solutions and analytics services that help vehicle and IoT device manufacturers manage and grow revenue streams. Fast paced, smart, ambitious, and continually seeking new, ideas. That’s us, is it you? At Cubic you will find an environment filled with energy and collaboration, where we set out every day to improve not just the world, but ourselves and each other.
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, part qualified accountant who is committed to their work, and should be comfortable working in a fast paced, highly flexible environment.
Due to the continued growth of our business, this is an exciting opportunity for you to continue to develop your experience and be involved with an increasing level of complexity and volume of transactions within the finance department. You have the chance to make a meaningful impact on the financial success of Cubic Telecom.
Reporting to the Financial Accountant the successful candidate will be directly responsible for Cubic’s billing process, aid in the completion of the monthly management accounts and be an integral part of a growing Finance team consisting of 15. We have a collaborative and diverse finance team, where your ideas and contributions will be valued.
This role will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Working with the data analytics team to collect all relevant billing information to issue monthly invoices.
- Developing a relationship with Cubic’s customers and dealing with queries on a timely basis.
- Assist in development of billing procedures and policies and challenging the status quo.
- Full responsibility of Debtors including Sales Reporting Analysis and reconciliation.
- Overseeing AR to collect cash from customers on a timely basis.
- Assisting in monitoring and managing cash flow to optimise performance.
- Assist in the preparation of Management Accounts and Balance Sheet / General Ledger Reconciliations for 20+ subsidiaries within strict deadlines.
- Posting all relevant revenue journals.
- Preparing Revenue Returns on a timely basis – VAT, VIES, VAT MOSS, VAT RTD, and other relevant returns, as necessary.
- Assisting with External Auditors and assistance with preparation of financial statements where necessary
- Supporting the wider team with Financial Analysis of the monthly accounts. Working closing with Head of Controlling & Reporting, Financial Controller, FP&A Manager & Group Accountant, as well as the Data Analytics Team.
- Collaborating with other departments in Cubic to help drive results.
- Ad hoc tasks as required.
- An aspiring part qualified accountant looking to become fully qualified
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Ability to scrutinise, sense check and validate financial/billing data
- Professional approach to dealing with external customers
- Versatile team player – enthusiastic, flexible, pragmatic, thorough, pro-active
- Proven ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent Excel experience
- Experience with Oracle Netsuite an advantage
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast paced, ambitious company with a competitive salary.
Cubic Telecom is an equal opportunities employer and committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.