Data Engineer (Agriculture Business)
Founded in 2009, Cubic Telecom has grown to become one of the leading providers of connectivity solutions and analytics services that help vehicle and IoT device manufacturers manage and grow revenue streams. Fast paced, smart, ambitious, and continually seeking new, ideas. That’s us, is it you? At Cubic you will find an environment filled with energy and collaboration, where we set out every day to improve not just the world, but ourselves and each other.
We believe in leadership that supports empowerment and responsibility, while recognising and developing leadership qualities across Our Team. Together we bring out the best in each other. So, whether you’re interested in joining us as an individual contributor, manager, senior leader – or someone who aspires to growing into a leadership role – we look for people who are results focused, empathetic, visionary, empowering, and who ‘champion’ our cultures and values.
We are looking for a product-minded data engineer to design and build customer-facing data products, focusing on solving the needs of our agriculture customers. This is an opportunity to build something new, rapidly iterating in a small group, while having the support of a wider data team. Explore and evaluate different data sharing methods, balancing customer requirements, development cost, and processing costs. Meet with customers’ data teams, advising them on our data model and learning from their use cases. Propose and implement expansions of our central data model to include customer-shared data and facilitate analysis by our own teams of that data.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the business and inside customer organisations to understand their data needs and create data solutions that enable the timely delivery of high-quality data optimised for their problems.
- Work in a global cross-functional team with product, software, and connectivity.
- Design, implement, and maintain highly performant data pipelines within our data platform.
- Own, create, and manage data models to be consumed for analytical purposes by customers.
- Apply software engineering practices (e.g. code review, testing, version control) when creating new datasets to ensure data quality across our data pipelines.
- Participate in customer calls to understand use cases and problems they’re trying to solve.
- Become an expert in Cubic data and customer data needs, enhancing the data products to solve their problems and educating them on best practice in using it.
- 2+ years in data engineering, analytics engineering, software engineering for data products, or other relevant experience.
- Strong proficiency using SQL on cloud-based data warehousing systems.
- Significant knowledge in data modelling, designing ETL pipelines, and data architecture.
- Excellent communication, organisation and prioritisation skills, and have a strong ability to deliver results within tight timelines.
- Strong problem solving with ability to scope, structure and solve complex issues with high levels of ambiguity.
- Comfortable participating in and sometimes leading conversations with customers.
- Passion for helping farmers do more with connectivity (these are our customers’ customers!)
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rated) + 2 company days
- Health Insurance
- Pension Contribution
- Death in Service Benefit
- Tax saver scheme
- Learning and Development Supports
- Career Development Opportunities
- Bits & Bobs days (paid half day every quarter to get your Bits & Bobs completed)
- Bike to work scheme
- Sports and Social Club
- Regular social events
Cubic Telecom is an equal opportunities employer and committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.