Information Security Engineer - Contractor
Founded in 2009, Cubic Telecom has grown to become one of the leading providers of connectivity solutions and analytics services that help vehicle and IoT device manufacturers manage and grow revenue streams. Fast paced, smart, ambitious, and continually seeking new, ideas. That’s us, is it you? At Cubic you will find an environment filled with energy and collaboration, where we set out every day to improve not just the world, but ourselves and each other.
We believe in leadership that supports empowerment and responsibility, while recognising and developing leadership qualities across Our Team. Together we bring out the best in each other. So, whether you’re interested in joining us as an individual contributor, manager, senior leader – or someone who aspires to growing into a leadership role – we look for people who are results focused, empathetic, visionary, empowering, and who ‘champion’ our cultures and values.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Evaluate and implement security measures to protect the company's information systems and data,
- Conduct regular vulnerability assessments and develop security protocols to mitigate risks,
- Develop and maintain security standards, policies, procedures, and guidelines to comply with industry best practices and regulatory requirements,
- Monitor the network for security incidents and respond to any security breaches or threats in real-time,
- Collaborate with internal teams and external partners to ensure seamless security integration and user education,
- Manage security-related hardware and software, including firewalls, VPNs, and intrusion detection systems,
- Stay up-to-date on emerging security threats and technologies to continually enhance the company's security posture.
- A self starter with a drive for security knowledge.
- Proven ability to innovate and develop new and cost effective means of monitoring and Incident response procedures and secure engineering practices.
- Ability to think outside the box in terms of achieving security goals.
- Hands on person with a methodical approach and ability to manage multiple deliveries in parallel.
Essential Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in information security engineering or a related role
- Strong knowledge of security technologies, protocols, frameworks, and standards
- Proven experience in risk assessment, vulnerability management, and incident response
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements such as PCI-DSS, HIPAA, and GDPR.
Desired Experience and Qualifications
- OCSP / OSCE / Crest / Tiger
- SANS GIAC G-Pen, GCIH
- Working with development and technical teams to translate technical/business risk and assist in guidance to resolve information security vulnerabilities and defects.
- MSc in Information security related discipline.
- Experience in Incident handling and Secure engineering practices (Vulnerability scanning, static code scanning tools, penetration testing and monitoring to resolution of raised defects).
- Experience with Advanced XDR Anti-virus, Fortinet products and cloud security.