Founded in 2009, Cubic Telecom has grown to become one of the leading providers of connectivity solutions and analytics services that help vehicle and IoT device manufacturers manage and grow revenue streams. Fast paced, smart, ambitious, and continually seeking new, ideas. That’s us, is it you? At Cubic you will find an environment filled with energy and collaboration, where we set out every day to improve not just the world, but ourselves and each other.
We believe in leadership that supports empowerment and responsibility, while recognising and developing leadership qualities across Our Team. Together we bring out the best in each other. So, whether you’re interested in joining us as an individual contributor, manager, senior leader – or someone who aspires to growing into a leadership role – we look for people who are results focused, empathetic, visionary, empowering, and who ‘champion’ our cultures and values.
We are looking for a Product Owner who thrives on working in a fast-paced, highly flexible environment. The Product Owner will work in a high performing Product Management Team, driving execution of the product roadmap using agile development methodologies and working with a Product Manager to develop the strategic product plan. Work closely with Commercial and Engineering functions to meet customer needs. They will become a driving force in the next stage of development and growth of Cubic Telecom as the leading IoT connectivity solution provider.
- Work closely with the Product Manager to build and maintain a deep understanding of the IoT connectivity and applications market to be able to collaborate on definition of Cubic product vision and strategy
- Understand assigned products at a high level and assists the Product Team with technical and business analysis activities
- Write detailed requirements & specifications, including User Story Acceptance Criteria and Non-functional Requirements in collaboration
- Serve as the voice of the customer internally: Understand the system users and the user experiences.
- Work closely with the Product Manager to solidify the user experience with the functional requirements and to translate the business and service performance requirements into non-functional requirements
- Work with Engineering teams to ensure that they understand the vision and scope for each feature
- Work closely with other Cubic departments (Network, SIM, Finance) to define internal requirements in collaboration with the Product Manager
- Actively contribute to Agile processes and ceremonies: acting in a product owner role
- Track release schedule in collaboration with Project Management Office
- Work closely with Engineering teams to clarify the product requirements, and ultimately to secure product release scope and timeline as agreed in the product roadmap
- Support customer interactions, specifically when validating new functionality or collating information about enhancement requests or defects
- Be proactive and diligent in setting up meetings, taking meeting minutes and publishing minutes to the Product Team
- Review and validate test plans and approve test results prior to the customer deployments
- Work with Project Managers, Scrum Masters and Technical Team Leads to collaborate on processes, timelines and conflict resolution
- Produce and maintain product documentation and collaterals: sales and pre-sales tools, user documentation
- Provide product training to Sales, delivery, and support teams
- Support Product Management with replies to RFxs by providing answers to technical questions where required
- Support Product Management in continuously analysing and documenting product performance and state of the business and deliver quarterly status summary reports to Senior Leadership Team
Basic Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, IT, Information Systems or Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of Agile Product Owner experience, with Software background and including SaaS architecture, business models, implementation challenges
- Substantial technical background is essential, including experience working with complex software products
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills as well as attention to detail
- Ability to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business AND the technology
- Good presentation skills using tools such as PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- A real team player, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create excellent working relationships with diverse teams and job functions throughout the organization; especially proven respect for and track record successfully working with designers and developers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- This position requires international travel
- Master’s degree
- Passion for and understanding of how IoT systems work from end nodes to cloud to application software, with special focus on wireless technologies
- Experience delivering enterprise software products and services in a high growth environment
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- 25 days annual leave + 2 company days
- Health Insurance
- Pension Contribution
- Tax saver scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Sports and social activities
- Great annual office outings (Summer BBQ, Christmas party, charity runs)
- Bits & Bobs days (Half day every quarter to get your Bits & Bobs done)
- Learning and Development Opportunities
Cubic Telecom is an equal opportunities employer and committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.