Software Developer - Portugal
Founded in 2009, Cubic Telecom has grown to become one of the leading providers of connectivity solutions and analytics services that help vehicle and IoT device manufacturers manage and grow revenue streams. Fast paced, smart, ambitious, and continually seeking new, ideas. That’s us, is it you? At Cubic you will find an environment filled with energy and collaboration, where we set out every day to improve not just the world, but ourselves and each other.
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic software developer who is committed to their work and is comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic, and highly flexible environment. You will work in the design, development, testing and maintenance of market leading products and web applications in the Automotive, IoT and Enterprise business segments. You will be using frameworks, tools and principles within high performance teams who are driven and passionate about what they do and constantly try to improve themselves and other professionals around them.
- Work as a full stack developer to collaborate in the design and development of a new cloud based Platform as a Service solution to satisfy business requirements in the Automotive, IoT and Enterprise business segments;
- Write code within established standards, guidelines and best practices to efficiently implement new systems and enhance/maintain existing systems to high quality standards;
- Liaise with product owners and internal stakeholders to gather and address technical & design requirements in order to provide solutions to the new products being developed by the company;
- Document and record tasks and activities through JIRA or any other support tools used by the company;
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience working on enterprise level systems as a full stack software developer exposed to both frontend and backend.
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design and related concepts.
- Experience developing software solutions using C# and .Net.
- Previous exposure to software projects that were implemented in a microservices architecture.
- Good understanding of how the web works conceptually, including technologies and concepts like HTTP, REST, SOAP & asynchronous processing.
- Experience using Git as a source control system.
- Good understanding of testing concepts such as unit testing and mocking, and experience writing unit.
- Practical experience of using Microsoft Azure to develop, test and deploy software.
- Experience using APM and logging tools such as New Relic or DataDog to monitor and improve system performance.
- Familiarity with software development practices such as agile software development, continuous integration, continuous delivery and/or test driven development;
- Good understanding of concepts like inversion of control and dependency injection.
- Experience using Azure DevOps to create build pipelines.
- Previous exposure to Microsoft Service Fabric, Azure ServiceBus or NServiceBus.