Network Systems Engineer
We are a Dublin based leading Machine to Machine (M2M) connectivity platform provider, focused on enabling seamless global connectivity solutions for our Internet of Things (IoT) and enterprise customers. Our success is based on our global connectivity, unique software applications and cloud-based management platform. We work with some of the world’s leading Fortune 100 tablet and notebook manufacturers, the world’s top retailers and more recently the most innovative M2M and automotive companies in the world.
The RoleWe are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic Infrastructure & Systems Engineer who is committed to their work, and should be comfortable working in a fast paced, highly flexible environment. The role will be responsible for support and implementation of a global IP network and systems infrastructure. This is a great opportunity for an IP engineer to demonstrate their technical and organisational ability, working in a small team of experienced engineers at the cutting edge of IoT technologies.
In this role you will be:
- Responsible for designing and supporting Cubic’s global IT infrastructure including VMWare, storage, networks, and servers.
- Responsible for capacity management of Cubic’s compute and storage infrastructure.
- Communicating with both internal and external customers and vendors to ensure a resilient and scalable network infrastructure is provided.
- Conscious of security at all layers.
- 5 years’ experience working with VMware required.
- 5 years’ experience working with Linux and Windows Server operating systems required.
- Familiarity with the following networking technologies desired: BGP, OSPF, Firewalls (FortiGate and CheckPoint), IPSec VPN, Cisco ASR & Nexus, VRFs.
- Previous experience working datacentre environments including racking, cabling, and documenting.
- Solid understanding of cloud network technologies and the ability to provide synergy between the traditional and IaaS architectures.
- Telecom experience preferred.
- Proven track record in working with small teams to aggressive timelines.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Commitment to provide a high quality and professional service.
- Ability to prioritise work tasks.
- Adaptable and flexible in approach to work, able to work under pressure.
- 25 days annual leave + 2 company days
- Health Insurance
- Pension Contribution
- Tax saver scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Sports and social activities
- Great annual office outings (Summer BBQ, Christmas party, charity runs)
- Bits & Bobs days (Half day every quarter to get your Bits & Bobs done)
- Learning and Development Opportunities
Cubic Telecom is an equal opportunities employer and committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.