CitySwift is a Cloud-native, specialist data engine for modern bus networks. We optimise urban bus networks using Big Data and Analytics. Ultimately, we improve the reliability of services while simultaneously reducing Operator costs, resulting in a win-win for both passengers and operators!
At CitySwift, data is pivotal to everything we do, the value we deliver to clients, the improvements to cities transport networks and decision making internally as a growing, forward-thinking organisation. Data is the fuel that powers our growth engine.
We are building a world-class engineering team to digitally transform public transport in major cities around the world. We want a Data Engineer to join our rapidly growing team, solving interesting and complex technological problems with real-world solutions.
You will work closely with our Product, Engineering and Insights teams.
Our Development Ecosystem
- Google Cloud Platform
- Cloud Composer
- Cloud Functions
- Java and Kotlin
- Apache Beam
- Spring Boot
Experience with these technologies would be beneficial but you don’t need to have worked with all of them to apply. As long as you have an understanding of core fundamentals then this could be the position for you.
About The Team
Our engineers are enthusiastic, inclusive, team players. They empathise with the users' pain points and work together to solve tough problems. They also share supportive feedback to help each other grow and improve. Our engineers are the kind of people who are committed to helping others, and using tech for good. It’s a friendly environment with regular tech talks, tech team coffee breaks and social clubs making it easier to connect with your colleagues.
What you’ll achieve:
- Working with all internal and external stakeholders to gain a thorough understanding of CitySwift and develop and execute on our data strategy.
- Oversee the collection, storage, management, quality, and protection of our data.
- Knowledge of relevant applications, big data solutions, data warehouses, architectural patterns and tools.
What you need
- 2-3 years' experience as a data engineer.
- Forward-thinking attitude, constantly innovating and keeping up to date with latest trends.
- Experience building ETL data pipelines and analytics on top of distributed systems.
- Experience building, deploying, maintaining large scale machine learning models pipelines.
- Experience building and optimising data models and data warehouses.
- Experience building simple, maintainable, reusable and testable software tools.
- Experience dealing with large and complex datasets, both with structured and unstructured data.
- Experience working with and transforming geography based data sources.
- Experience working in the cloud natively.
What we can offer
- Very Competitive Market Salary
- Automatic enrolment into our pension scheme for all employees, matched company contributions
- 100% Company paid healthcare available to all employees, with the option to add dependents discounted
- Automatic enrollment for all employees into our Life Insurance scheme
- 25 days annual leave allowance, with additional company days off given throughout the year
- Flexible working hours and remote working opportunities based on role
- Maternity and paternity benefits (100% maternity pay for employees over 2 years of service)
- Paid Company sick pay
- Mental Health support (Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), Wellbeing supports (yoga, fitness classes) and free eye tests
- Opportunity to make your mark in a high growth Irish Tech Company and help us in our mission to reduce global emissions from transport
- Bike to Work & TaxSaver commuter scheme
- Employee referral program available to all employees, opportunity to earn up to €4,000
- Service Recognition Awards and Personal Celebration benefits available to all employees
- Work Abroad Program available to all employees.
- Office in City Centre location in Galway
- Active social club where employees are encouraged to have fun together both inside and outside of work!